Thursday, June 14, 2001

Sample Sympathy Letter Loss Mother

m2 @ 2001-06-14T23: 15:00

Aserto informatico No. 1 by SullenBoy:

"When you format the partition on which was your OS does not matter how careful you will always remain some file without saving."


All this I get for playing with betas of Windows XP, a Microsoft product and also in beta ... do not know how I could be wrong.

all started the night from Tuesday to Wednesday ... at 3AM my narcissism had spent all day and left without attention, perhaps you should seek some bitch teenager, so I decided to install the beta build 2485 for Windows XP (aka Windows Whistler) ... events were as follows:

4:20 a.m. I had to accept that the first attempt had been cut in the detection phase I installation devices, at the time and I wondered how this new system had only been able to Dectect my W98 installation and not the W2k from which had also launched the installation: P mmm

4:40 a.m. another cut at the same point this time with a small window warning of an error in a memory location

5:00 a.m. in the shoot this time the installation program informs me that my new Matrox G450 (acquired a few days) has not passed the test Windows compatibility and can cause system instability, this time it reach the stage of the keyboard configuration, time ... but ends up alone and reset the restart again phase detection devices.

5:15 a.m. but without any attempt to progress and decide it's time to return to my estabilisimo W2k ... as I said from Windows XP to boot W98 but I can only think that between fdisk and partition magic that I have installed the OS there will be no problem

5:20 a.m. fdisk will go from two NTFS partitions on your hard disk are appear as a single logical partition of 9GB what prevents me mark it as active ... partition magic from the two partitions appear real and logical result of XP (I imagine) ... have better disk resources Debian Linux 2.0 installation open a shell and run your version of fdisk to finish watching the same thing from the fdisk W98 but with many more ... partition magic back to a little courage and erase logical partition ... I still have the two perfect real NTFS but now I still can not make a W2K as active ... Shell back to Debian and all is

5:45 a.m. mmm or not ... "NTLDR missing" (nt loader?) ... I have no problem 6GB boot from the CD-free installation of W2k the formatting as NTFS and everything perfect until the reset to start the final stage of installation I run into the same message "missing NTLDR" ... I find that from the W2k installation CD I can access a recovery console to enter the original partition W2k, that console lets me run a few commands (which ends in attempts to prove in its entirety without results) find a NTLDR file in the root and in case I copy the WINNT directory but the problem remains "missing NTLDR" ... there is also a self-healing method that I could not even start: P

6:30 a.m. desperation -> headache -> I realize for the first time in a while my computer is my life ... I WANT MY FILES! WANT TO LISTEN TO MY MP3! MIS PDF's! ... and now also need to see one of my mail's because he is the address to which I have to send an urgent package in the next 14 hours at most ... I decide to sleep and wake up call AVR to carry the HD and see my mail from W2k

3:00 p.m. call AVR which fortunately will be home all afternoon ... last test -> Install W2k in 6GB initially free but this time formatting the partition in FAT and prize ... no more "missing NTLDR" unless you try to boot my original installation of W2k, that it worked since December without any problems ... before even attempting to see the mail I needed to find the NTLDR file on both W2k and facilities found only in that copy what he had done in the WINNT directory:? ... no exits other than "all" my data partition in which the original installation of W2k and make a new installation is in NTFS format from which I write now

7:05 p.m. control package and I'm going to see The Return the mummy with AVR ... which I find the cinematic equivalent of Windows XP will

9:45 PM I could not remember that my modem (Diamond 56i PRO) was not detected by W2k, well if you catch but how? Port PCI ... fight for an hour of testing up to 9 different drivers ... of which 3 came to work even in the test modem but not when connect

Now I can say Windows XP puts round dots, large and dark instead of asterisks in the keys ... Windows XP also promises other interesting but not novel because my knowledge of Mac OS X ... If I were rich!

And half an hour ago I realized I had lost 6. Txt files I kept in my desk and it contained new words in English and English, which was found ... daily phrases ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment